The perfect solution for making the best-ever burgers, other than using Trail’s End Grassfed Beef, of course, is to get Tyler to make them. Tyler, along with being highly competent in virtually every task known to man (welding, carpentry, mechanics, ranching, parenting), also has been blessed with extreme burger making talent. Grandpa, prone to hyperbole already, extols these burgers as the “best in the world.” At a BBQ on a neighboring ranch last summer, Tyler’s burgers had our host weeping with joy in the kitchen as she savored every morsel of a burger, sans bun. Seriously—Good—Burgers.
So, while Tyler might not be whipping them up for you, I hope you find his basic burger recipe helpful. And that you make “the best burger ever” for your friends and family.
Trail's End Burgers
- 1 pound Grassfed Ground Beef
- 2 free-range eggs
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- Splash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh herbs or 2 tsp dried; any combo- rosemary thyme, oregano, chives
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Break up thawed ground beef with a fork
- Add remaining ingredients; do not over-mix or texture of cooked burgers will be too dense
- Shape into patties
- Cook to well-done on BBQ or in a cast iron frying pan over med-high heat
- Serve on a bun with desired toppings, we like lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, and pickles.